Moon Tide Press will be publishing a new themed anthology and we need your poems! What’s the theme, you ask?
We want your best themed poems either inspired by or in response to the genre of horror as found in film, literature, folklore/mythology, or just classic monster tropes.
These poems don’t need to be scary. In fact, you shouldn’t be trying to go full-on Clive Barker or Stephen King with them. Rather write a poem that puts a new spin on things. We want themed poems that play with everything and anything—humor, romance, politics, culture—using the horror genre, its narratives, and characters as its building blocks.
This is a massive call for submissions. We have no set number of poems or poets we are looking at taking for this anthology. We will publish the best of what we get, and we hope that we get a lot. We want this collection to be as (excuse the pun) killer as possible. Will you take a stab at it?
Here are the guidelines:
- Unlike our last call for submissions, this anthology is open to ALL, regardless of geography or if you’ve published by Moon Tide Press in the past. No restrictions.
- You can send up to 8 poems. Poems should be sent as an attached word document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please write HORROR ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION in the subject line.
- While we’d love previously unpublished work, previously published poems are okay. But if it has been previously published in a chapbook, full-length collection, or another in anthology we will need that publisher’s permission to reprint. We will gratefully acknowledge where work has previously appeared, but we cannot pay a publisher a reprint fee, so please keep that in mind when submitting previously published work. If your poem(s) have appeared elsewhere, you must let us know when you submit them to us. Please and thank you.
- We cannot pay for your accepted poems, but contributors will receive a complimentary copy and will be able to purchase additional copies at a discounted rate.
- The deadline to submit is midnight, July 1st. We are aiming for an October 2018 release.
Now send us those poems...if you dare...muah ha ha ha.
No. Seriously. Send us those poems. Please.